The how-to guide to becoming a go-to expert
Within their fields, thought leaders are sources of inspiration and innovation. They have the gift of harnessing their expertise and their networks to make their innovative thoughts real and replicable, sparking sustainable change and even creating movements around their ideas. In Ready to Be a Thought Leader?, renowned executive talent agent Denise Brosseau shows readers how to develop and use that gift as she maps the path from successful executive, professional, or civic leader to respected thought leader.
With the author's proven seven-step process—and starting from wherever they are in their careers—readers can set a course for maximum impact in their field. These guidelines, along with stories, tips, and success secrets from those who have successfully made the transition to high-profile thought leader, allow readers to create a long-term plan and start putting it into action today, even if they only have 15 minutes to spare.
Offers a step-by-step process for becoming a recognized thought leader in your field
Includes real-world examples from such high-profile thought leaders as Robin Chase, founder and former CEO of Zipcar; Chip Conley, author of PEAK and former CEO of JDV Hospitality; and more
Written by Denise Brosseau, founder of Thought Leadership Lab, an executive talent agency that helps executives become thought leaders, who has worked with start-up CEOs and leaders from such firms as Apple, Genentech, Symantec, Morgan Stanley, Medtronic, KPMG, DLA Piper, and more
Ready to Be a Thought Leader? offers essential reading for anyone ready to expand their influence, increase their professional success, have an impact far beyond a single organization and industry, and ultimately leave a legacy that matters.
Table of Contents
- More praise for Ready to Be a Thought Leader?
- Title Page
- Introduction: What Do You Want to be Known For?
- Getting Started: From Leader to Thought Leader
- CHAPTER 1: Find Your Driving Passion
- CHAPTER 2: Build Your Ripples of Influence
- CHAPTER 3: Activate Your Advocates
- CHAPTER 4: Put Your “I” on the Line
- CHAPTER 5: Codify Your Lessons Learned
- CHAPTER 6: Put Yourself on S.H.O.U.T.
- CHAPTER 7: Incite (R)Evolution
- About the Author
- More from Wiley
- Title: Ready to Be a Thought Leader?: How to Increase Your Influence, Impact, and Success
- Release date: January 2014
- Publisher(s): Jossey-Bass
- ISBN: 9781118795118