Due Diligence Checklist
Due diligence is critical for ANY property you are considering investing in. Whether you are a silent partner or the actual person finding and investigating a property, you must do your own independent due diligence. This checklist will provide you with a foundation from which to work, and will assist you in asking the critical questions. Remember, it all comes down to the accuracy of numbers. DO NOT SKIP ANY STEPS! (If you are purchasing a condo, use this form PLUS the Condo Due Diligence Checklist together.)
• How many check marks does the area get using the Property Goldmine Score Card? (6 checks or more is best)
• What is the nature of the local economy?
Diverse___ or Single Industry___
• In what area of town is the property located?
Older___ Newer___ Transitional___
• What is the type and quality of the surrounding properties? Type: ____________________________________________ Quality vs. rest of neighbourhood: ______________________
• What amenities and services are nearby? Transit ___ Shopping ___ Schools ___ University/College ___ Major Employer___