YOUR REAL ESTATE SUCCESS ROAD MAP
If you don’t know where you’re going, you’ll never get there.
The statement above is especially true when you apply it to real estate investing. Often, when I ask someone what their real estate goal is, I hear, “I want to get rich!” or “I want to make a million dollars.” Well, as you’ll discover in this book, these goals are surefire recipes for failure.
First, you must define where you want real estate investment to take you financially. Be specific:
• How will you spend your time?
• What exactly will your financial picture look like?
• Will you continue to work in your field or will you live off the cash flow from your properties?
As with any successful journey, you need to know where you’re going in order to get there. And that destination needs to be very specific.
The next step is to set a time frame in which to achieve this success. Ask yourself:
• How long do I realistically believe it will take me to get there?
• What buffer time do I have in case of unforeseen detours?
• Will I be disappointed if I get to my financial destination later than expected?
• How will I feel if I get there earlier than expected?
The key is to be realistic and remember that proper real estate investing is not a get-rich-quick scheme, but a long-term wealth-creation strategy.
Third, your financial journey cannot be a success unless you have a clear road map showing you exactly how to get to your destination by the safest and most direct route. That’s exactly ...