Book descriptionThe most successful organizations of the future will be those that are capable of rapidly and effectively bringing about fundamental, lasting, system-wide changes.
In response to this challenge, Real Time Strategic Change advocates a fundamental redesign of the way organizations change. The result is an approach that involves an entire organization in fast and far-reaching change. Interactive large group meetings form the foundation for this approach, enabling hundreds and even thousands of people to collaborate in crafting their collective future. Change happens faster because the total organization is the "in group" that decides which changes are needed; and the actions people throughout the organization take on a daily basis are aligned behind an overall strategic direction that they helped create.
Complete with conceptual frameworks, tools and techniques, agendas, and roles key actors need to play, this is the first book published on this powerful approach to organizational change.
The process Robert Jacobs details has proven effective in diverse settings, ranging from business and industry to health care, education, government, non-profit agencies, and communities.
Real Time Strategic Change demonstrates the flexibility and power of this approach in stories from such diverse organizations as Marriott Hotels, Ford Motor Company, Kaiser Permanente, First Nationwide Bank, United Airlines, and a group of 18 school districts.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Part I Redesigning the Way Organizations Change
Part II Moving Further into the Future, Faster
- 4 Day 1: Building a Common Database of Strategic Information
- 5 Day 2: Discovering the Future in Diverse Perspectives
- 6 Day 3: Creating Commitments and Action Plans That Make a Real Difference
- 7 The Working Model Behind the Magic
- 8 A Step-by-Step Guide to Real Time Strategic Change
Part III Getting Started in Your Own Organization
- 9 Unique Paths for Unique Organizations: Five Stories of Real Time Strategic Change
- 10 How to Use the Technology to Your Advantage
- 11 Designing Your Real Time Strategic Change Event
- 12 Who Does What to Support Successful Real Time Strategic Change
- 13 Keeping the Fires Burning, Once You Have Them Lit
- Part IV Pushing the Boundaries of Real Time Strategic Change
- About the Author
- Title: Real Time Strategic Change
- Release date: August 1997
- Publisher(s): Berrett-Koehler Publishers
- ISBN: 9781609941437
You might also like
The NTL Handbook of Organization Development and Change: Principles, Practices, and Perspectives, 2nd Edition
This book provides an essential learning tool for both practitioners and students and presents the skills …
Dynamic Supply Chains, 3rd Edition
‘Dynamic Supply Chains is a masterpiece in the field of supply chain management’ Dr Rakesh Singh, …
Adaptive Space: How GM and Other Companies are Positively Disrupting Themselves and Transforming into Agile Organizations
Lack of Agility is the kiss of death. Position your company to succeed in world of …
Freesourcing: How To Start a Business with No Money
So you've got the drive to start a business. You might even have the Big Idea …