Four projects to sharpen your skills in modern web development
About This Video
- This course offers various interesting web projects created using Vue.js.
- Learn Vue.js 2.0, and essential libraries such as Vue.js Router and Vuex, which can be used within the projects by implementing even complex topics with great simplicity.
- You'll explore different projects to deepen your understanding of Vue.js.
Nothing enhances your theoretical knowledge more than practice with actual projects. If you want to enhance your basic Vue.js skills with real-world projects, then this course is the perfect guide. With four projects, this course will show you how to implement Vue.js concepts, teaching you as you go.
In your first project, you'll create a miniature Spotify-like music library to manage your song collection where you'll learn the basics of working with Vue.js, vue-router, and using plugin components. The next project builds a tracker for TV shows where we'll expand on our app-building experience by integrating an external API using the native fetch API.
The third project is a simple web shop, which will introduce building more complex applications. We will add Vuex to our stack to share data and state across components. The last project is a real-time chat feature, with the ability to create, join, and manage various rooms. It will integrate real-time communication with a backend service, which we can use to build Vue.JS applications with push capability.
By the end of the course, you will have the Vue.JS knowledge needed to implement your own real-world applications.
This course uses Vue.js 2.5, while not the latest version available, it provides relevant and informative content for legacy users of Vue.js.
Table of contents
Chapter 1 : Music Library (Mini Spotify)
- The Course Overview 00:02:28
- Setup and Requirements 00:03:31
- A Basic Music Index – Creating Our First Views and Routes 00:07:22
- Pagination and Splitting Up Components 00:08:09
- User Created Playlists – First Steps 00:08:16
- Adding Songs to Playlists 00:09:14
- Customizing and Managing Playlists 00:05:33
- In Search of Songs with Web Workers 00:05:19
Chapter 2 : TV Show Tracker
- Setup and Requirements 00:02:00
- Integrating Fetch and Firebase 00:03:15
- Searching for Your Favorite Shows 00:05:20
- Detail Page for Shows 00:05:43
- Subscriptions So that You Will Never Miss a New Season 00:04:31
- Subscriptions So that You Will Never Miss a New Season (Continued) 00:04:25
- Chapter 3 : Small Webshop
- Chapter 4 : Realtime Chat
- Title: Real World Projects with Vue.js
- Release date: August 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789340754
You might also like
Vue JS 2 - The Complete Guide (incl. Vue Router and Vuex)
React - The Complete Guide (incl. Hooks, React Router and Redux)
Dive in and learn React from scratch! Learn Reactjs, Redux, React Routing, Animations, Next.js basics and …
Learn Flutter and Dart to Build iOS and Android Apps 2020
A complete guide to the Flutter SDK and Flutter framework to build native iOS and Android …