Book descriptionAmerica does not need an “upgrade.” For years the Right has been tampering with one of the best political operating systems ever designed. The result has been economic and environmental disaster. In this hard-hitting new book, nationally syndicated radio and television host and bestselling author Thom Hartmann outlines eleven common-sense proposals, deeply rooted in America's history, that will once again make America strong and Americans—not corporations and billionaires—prosperous. Some of these ideas will be controversial to both the Left and the Right, but the litmus test for each is not political correctness but whether or not it serves to revitalize this country we all love and make life better for its citizens.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Chapter 1 Bring My Job Home!
- Chapter 2 Roll Back the Reagan Tax Cuts
- Chapter 3 Stop Th em from Eating My Town
- Chapter 4 An Informed and Educated Electorate
- Chapter 5 Medicare “Part E”—for Everybody
- Chapter 6 Make Members of Congress Wear NASCAR Patches
- Chapter 7 Cool Our Fever
- Chapter 8 They Will Steal It!
- Chapter 9 Put Lou Dobbs out to Pasture
- Chapter 10 Wal-Mart Is Not a Person
- Chapter 11 In the Shadow of the Dragon
- Conclusion: Tag, You’re It!
- About the Author
- Title: Rebooting the American Dream
- Release date: October 2010
- Publisher(s): Berrett-Koehler Publishers
- ISBN: 9781605099095
You might also like
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
How to get that job, 4th Edition
The ultimate all-in-one guide to job hunting success. Getting an edge in the hunt for work …
The Little Book of Being Brilliant
The latest and greatest insights on happiness from around the world The Little Book of Being …
Fundamentals of Software Architecture
Salary surveys worldwide regularly place software architect in the top 10 best jobs, yet no real …