More than 4 hours of video training detailing common exam traps, pitfalls, and difficulties on the RHCE exam. The author also walks you through a complete practice exam in real-time, so you can experience what it’s like to take the test before you ever walk into the testing facility.
Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) Exam Prep Workshop contains more than 4 hours of deep-dive training on common RHCE exam traps, pitfalls, and difficulties. Sander van Vugt, an experienced Red Hat instructor, trainer, and author will detail the most common mistakes people make when taking the RHCE exam, so you can avoid them in the testing facility. You will then walk through a live practice exam with the author in real-time, so you can experience first-hand what it’s like to take the test.
The videos consist of live trainer discussions, CLI presentations and demos, and a real-time practice exam walk-through. You will also learn about the structure of the exam, exam day strategies, and more. You can find comprehensive coverage of the RHCSA exam in the Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) Complete Video Course and the Red Hat RHCSA/RHCE 7 Cert Guide, both available for Pearson IT Certification.
What You Will Learn
- Key concepts to avoid traps and pitfalls on the Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) exam
- Helpful tips for taking the exam
Who Should Take This Course
- Anyone wanting to get RHCE certified
- Linux engineers interested in learning more about Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Junior system administrators that want to deepen their skills
- Administrators with a profound knowledge and experience working with other Linux distributions, like SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- Administrators currently administering UNIX systems and also developers that write software for Linux
The ideal target student has passed the Red Hat Certified System Administrator Exam and has experience working in a Linux environment.
Table of Contents
Module 1: Getting Ready to Take the RHCE Exam
In this module you'll learn about practical issues that are important to consider when taking the RHCE exam. You'll learn what to expect on exam day, how to approach the exam, and how to manage your time to give you the highest possible chance of passing the exam.
Module 2: RHCE Traps, Pitfalls, and Difficulties
In this module, some of the most difficult topics from the RHCSA exam objectives are discussed. You'll learn about the common problems and how to make sure you perform well on these. This module uses real CLI examples, so you can see what it’s like to overcome testing obstacles on the exam.
Module 3: Live Exam Walk-Through
After getting all the information you need about the different topics, this module will walk you through a live practice exam. This will teach you how to best approach the different assignments, and during the walk-through, you'll see how some smart solutions can be applied to maximize your chances of passing!
About LiveLessons Video Training
LiveLessons Video Training series publishes hundreds of hands-on, expert-led video tutorials covering a wide selection of technology topics designed to teach you the skills you need to succeed. This professional and personal technology video series features world-leading author instructors published by your trusted technology brands: Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, IBM Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que. Topics include IT Certification, Programming, Web Development, Mobile Development, Home and Office Technologies, Business and Management, and more. View all LiveLessons on Pearson IT Certification at http://www.pearsonitcertification.com/livelessons.
O’Reilly Media, Pearson IT Certification, and Sander Van Vugt have no affiliation with Red Hat, Inc. The RED HAT and RHCSA trademarks are used for identification purposes only and are not intended to indicate affiliation with or approval by Red Hat, Inc.
Table of contents
- Introduction 00:00:49
- Module 1: Getting Ready to Take the RHCE Exam
Lesson 1: About This Course
- 1.1 How to Use This Course 00:03:53
- Lesson 2: The RHCE Exam
- Module 2: RHCE Traps, Pitfalls, and Difficulties
Lesson 3: System Configuration and Management
- 3.1 Setting Up Network Teaming and Bonding 00:06:33
- 3.2 Creating Advanced Firewall Configurations 00:13:21
- 3.3 Configuring a System to Authenticate Using Kerberos 00:02:59
- 3.4 Configuring a System as Either an iSCSI Target or Initiator 00:03:36
- 3.5 Using Shell Scripting 00:03:01
- Q&A 00:04:07
Lesson 4: Network Services
- 4.1 Configuring SELinux to Support Network Services 00:12:53
- 4.2 Configuring Security for Network Services 00:02:18
- Q&A 00:02:23
- Lesson 5: HTTP/HTTPS
- Lesson 6: DNS
- Lesson 7: NFS
- Lesson 8: SMB
- Lesson 9: SMTP
- Lesson 10: SSH
- Lesson 11: NTP
- Lesson 12: Database Services
- Module 3: Live Exam Walk-Through
- Title: Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) Exam Cram Video Workshop
- Release date: October 2015
- Publisher(s): Pearson IT Certification
- ISBN: 0134195965
You might also like
10+ Hours of Video Instruction Linux Fundamentals LiveLessons has more than 10 hours of comprehensive video …
Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), 3/e
16+ Hours of Video Instruction Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) Complete Video Course 3rd Edition …
Linux Foundation Certified Engineer (LFCE)
10 Hours of Video Instruction with hands-on labs and practice exam content Overview Linux Foundation Certified …
The Complete Cybersecurity Bootcamp (Video Collection): Threat Defense, Ethical Hacking, and Incident Handling
More than 25 Hours of Expert Video Instruction This course is a complete guide to help …