Chapter 1: Getting Started with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Exploring the Graphical Desktop
In this lab, you'll explore the GNOME graphical desktop interface. This lab helps you find where the essential elements of the GNOME desktop are located.
1. Log in to the graphical desktop as user “student.”
2. Change the password of user student to “password,” using the tools available in the graphical desktop.
3. Open a terminal window, and type ls to display files in the current directory.
4. Use Nautilus to browse to the contents of the /etc directory. Can you open the files in this directory? Can you create new files in this directory?
5. Configure your graphical desktop to have four available workspaces.
6. Open the NetworkManager ...