Chapter 6. Application components in Redis
This chapter covers
- Building two prefix-matching autocomplete methods
- Creating a distributed lock to improve performance
- Developing counting semaphores to control concurrency
- Two task queues for different use cases
- Pull messaging for delayed message delivery
- Handling file distribution
In the last few chapters, we’ve gone through some basic use cases and tools to help build applications in Redis. In this chapter, we’ll get into more useful tools and techniques, working toward building bigger pieces of applications in Redis.
We’ll begin by building autocomplete functions to quickly find users in short and long lists of items. We’ll then take some time to carefully build two different types of ...