The following twelve questions are intended for men to ponder and discuss in groups:
1. On a personal level, what does it mean for you to be a man?
2. Identify a man who had a strong influence in your life. What did this man teach you about being a man?
3. What rules of manhood have you abided by? How did you learn these rules?
4. What brings out compassion in you? Why might you withhold compassion?
5. How hard is it for you to build and maintain close friendships? Why do you think many men are isolated?
6. Think about the women in your life. What kind of man do they seem to want you to be or become? How do their expectations affect you ?
7. How can men expand their circle of care and compassion? How might this expansion ...