1. Developing Supply Chain Strategies
After completing this chapter, you should be able to
• Explain the difference between logistics and supply chain management.
• Describe organization strategic, tactical, and operational planning.
• Explain the relationship of product life cycles to supply chain management.
• Describe some of the critical success factors in developing a supply chain.
• Explain the difference between a supply chain push and pull strategy.
• Explain the importance of building supply chain strategies around customer value.
This chapter provides a foundation for planning supply chains. To accomplish this, an initial review of prerequisite and fundamental strategic, tactical, and operational ...