After completing this chapter, you should be able to
• Explain where a supply chain manager is located in any business organizational structure.
• Explain what a matrix organization is and how it is different from silo organizations.
• Describe the supply chain design considerations as they relate to a product life cycle.
• Describe a supply chain network design process.
• Describe supply chain design factors impacting network supply chains.
• Explain the relationship of supply chain strategic objectives and types of facilities found in supply chains.
This chapter provides procedures and processes used in the development and design of supply chain organizations and networks. The approach ...