After completing this chapter, you should be able to
• Explain how negotiation is important in the role of a supply chain manager.
• Describe select negotiating strategies and tactics.
• Describe best practices in negotiating.
• Explain the suggested ISM steps in a negotiation process.
• Describe the principles that should guide negotiating purchasing agreements.
• Describe styles of negotiation.
• Explain how to overcome negotiation roadblocks.
• Describe why delaying tactics in negotiation are sometimes needed.
• Explain the importance of preparation in negotiation efforts.
A large part of a supply chain manager’s role is negotiation. This chapter provides foundational content on the concepts ...