After completing this chapter, you should be able to
• Explain why supplier relationships are so important in supply chain management.
• Describe supplier relationship management elements.
• Explain the relationship intensity continuum that is characteristic of supplier relationships.
• Explain some of the issues to consider when ending supplier relationships.
• Describe some of the supplier programs that will lead to excellence in relationship management.
• Describe a supplier relationship management implementation model.
• Describe the typical strategic sourcing process.
• Describe a supplier performance management process.
This chapter provides an understanding ...