After completing this chapter, you should be able to
• Explain some of the operations problems in closing a production plant in a foreign country.
• Explain the importance of a supply chain in the shadow of its closing.
• Explain how personal connections of employees in foreign countries can impact supply chain and other operations.
• This case study illustrates how dedicated employees can turn around a firm’s profitability if supported by higher management.
• This case study illustrates the importance of having a good project management team.