Featuring aerospace examples and applications, Reliability Analysis of Dynamic Systems presents the very latest probabilistic techniques for accurate and efficient dynamic system reliability analysis. While other books cover more broadly the reliability techniques and challenges related to large systems, Dr Bin Wu presents a focused discussion of new methods particularly relevant to the reliability analysis of large aerospace systems under harmonic loads in the low frequency range. Developed and written to help you respond to challenges such as non-linearity of the failure surface, intensive computational costs and complexity in your dynamic system, Reliability Analysis of Dynamic Systems is a specific, detailed and application-focused reference for engineers, researchers and graduate students looking for the latest modeling solutions.
The Shanghai Jiao Tong University Press Aerospace Series publishes titles that cover the latest advances in research and development in aerospace. Its scope includes theoretical studies, design methods, and real-world implementations and applications. The readership for the series is broad, reflecting the wide range of aerospace interest and application, but focuses on engineering.
Forthcoming titles in the Shanghai Jiao Tong University Press Aerospace Series:
Reliability Analysis of Dynamic Systems • Wake Vortex Control • Aeroacoustics: Fundamentals and Applications in Aeropropulsion Systems • Computational Intelligence in Aerospace Design • Unsteady Flow and Aeroelasticity in Turbomachinery
- Authored by a leading figure in Chinese aerospace with 20 years’ professional experience in reliability analysis and engineering simulation.
- Offers solutions to the challenges of non-linearity, intensive computational cost and complexity in reliability assessment.
- Aerospace applications and examples used throughout to illustrate accuracy and efficiency achieved with new methods.
Table of contents
- Cover image
- Title page
- Table of Contents
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- Chapter 1. Introduction
- Chapter 2. Technical Background
- Chapter 3. Theoretical Fundamentals of the Perturbation Approach
- Chapter 4. Application to a 2D System
- Chapter 5. Application to a 3D Helicopter Model
- Chapter 6. Complete Combined Approach
- Chapter 7. Conclusions and Future Work
- Appendix I. Transforming Random Variables from Correlated to Uncorrelated
- Appendix II. Analytical Solution of HL Safety Index
- Appendix III. Modal Analysis of Dynamic Systems [77,78]
- Appendix IV. Multiple Force Analysis
- Appendix V. Summary of the Defined Parameters
- Appendix VI. Nodal Coordinates of the Helicopter Model
- Appendix VII. Element Connectivity and Properties of the Helicopter Model
- Title: Reliability Analysis of Dynamic Systems
- Release date: June 2013
- Publisher(s): Academic Press
- ISBN: 9780124077393
You might also like
Reliability Modelling and Analysis in Discrete Time
Reliability Modelling and Analysis in Discrete Time provides an overview of the probabilistic and statistical aspects …
Practical Reliability Engineering, 5th Edition
With emphasis on practical aspects of engineering, this bestseller has gained worldwide recognition through progressive editions …
Introduction to Probability
Developed from celebrated Harvard statistics lectures, Introduction to Probability provides essential language and tools for understanding …
Bayesian Data Analysis, Third Edition, 3rd Edition
Now in its third edition, this classic book is widely considered the leading text on Bayesian …