The TFS 2013 architecture
TFS 2013 is built on multilevel scalable architecture. To set up the TFS environment for the project team, it's very important to figure out the architecture of TFS in order to understand the business need deployment strategy.
TFS can be deployed in three ways:
- On-premises with a single server or multiple servers across one domain or workgroup or domains
- On-cloud, where all deployments are server-hosted by Microsoft
- Hybrid Deployment, with TFS features as well as Visual Studio Online (VSO)
Based on business requirements, TFS architecture topology can be decided by considering the following:
- The Application, Data, and Client tiers
- The location of servers
- TFS Build computers and their locations
- Their necessity for a TFS server proxy ...