To view nested work items, tree queries are used by selecting the Tree of Work Items query type.
Tree queries are used to execute following tasks:
- Viewing the hierarchy
- Finding parent or child work items
- Changing the tree hierarchy
- Exporting the tree view to Microsoft Excel for either bulk updates to column fields or to change the tree hierarchy
The following steps demonstrate how to generate a tree query list:
- Open the My Tasks list from Shared Queries.
- Click on Editor.
- Click on Tree of work items, as shown in the following screenshot:
Define the filter criteria for both parent and child work items. Specify the clause for work item type: ...