Primavera is an enterprise project portfolio management software. It includes project management, scheduling, risk analysis, opportunity management, resource management, and collaboration and control capabilities, and integrates with other enterprise software such as Oracle and SAP’s ERP systems. This course aims to teach students about creating and assigning resources, along with updating a resource schedule with the Oracle Primavera Project Manager P6 PPM Professional tool.
You will start by exploring user and administration preferences and scheduling options. Then, you will be understanding and creating resources and roles in Primavera software. Following that, you will be assigning roles, resources, and expenses using the Primavera tool. Then, you will learn how to optimize resources and see methods of resolving resource peaks and conflicts resource leveling; this is one of the most important features of any project management tool. Finally, you will be updating the resourced schedule using the Primavera tool in detail.
By the end of the course, you will be able to successfully create and assign resources along with updating a resource schedule with Primavera Project Manager P6 PPM Professional Client.
What You Will Learn
- Explore user and admin preferences along with the scheduling options
- Create resources, roles, and the resources window
- Study how to assign roles, resources, and expenses
- Explore how to optimize resources
- See methods of resolving resource peaks and conflicts in resource leveling
- Learn to update a resourced schedule
This course is best suited for program managers and project control staff evaluating the software against organizational requirements. The project schedulers and experienced project personnel who wish to learn how to use the software to schedule and control projects will gain a lot.
You will need the Oracle Primavera P6 tool and experience in using application software such as Microsoft Office. Individuals with an understanding of how projects are planned, scheduled, and controlled, including understanding the project management processes applicable to your projects, will be a plus.
About The Author
Paul E. Harris: Paul E. Harris holds an honors degree in civil engineering obtained in the UK and is a certified cost engineer through AACEI International, a PRINCE2 registered practitioner, and a “Managing Successful Programs” registered practitioner. He has worked in the project controls industry for a number of years and has assisted many companies in a range of industries to set up and run project control systems. His Melbourne, Australia-based company, Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd., offers project controls consulting and training services worldwide with a strong focus on Microsoft Project and Oracle Primavera software.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction
- Chapter 2 : User Preferences and Admin Preferences
- Chapter 3 : Creating Roles and Resources
Chapter 4 : Assigning Roles, Resources, and Expenses
- Understanding Resource Calculations and Terminology
- Project Resource Preferences, User Preferences Applicable to Assigning Resources
- Activities Window Resource Preferences and Defaults
- Assigning and Removing Roles, Resources, Resource Duration Calculation
- Suggested Setup to Create a Resourced Schedule
- Workshop – Assigning Resources and Expenses to Activities
- Chapter 5 : Resource Optimization
Chapter 6 : Updating a Resourced Schedule
- Budget Values and Baseline Projects, Data Date, Required Information to Update
- Project Window Defaults to Update a Resourced Schedule
- Percent Complete Types, Using Steps to Calculate Activity Percent Complete
- Updating the Schedule, Updating Resources, Updating Expenses
- Workshop – Updating a Resourced Schedule
- Title: Resource Management with Oracle Primavera P6 PPM Professional
- Release date: July 2021
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781801813655
You might also like
Planning and Control with Oracle Primavera P6 PPM Professional
Oracle Primavera P6 PPM Professional is an enterprise project portfolio management software that offers a wide …
Oracle Primavera P6 PPM Professional Advanced Features
Primavera is an enterprise project portfolio management software. It includes project management, scheduling, risk analysis, opportunity …
Baselines and Updating a Project with Oracle Primavera P6 PPM
The resource files for this title have been updated. Primavera is an enterprise project portfolio management …
Creating an Unresourced Project with Oracle Primavera P6 PPM
Project portfolio management is a vital aspect of any enterprise-level organization. Oracle’s Primavera P6 PPM is …