Get hands-on experience of building RESTful services for the modern Web using ASP.NET Web API
About This Video
- Apply your current ASP.NET knowledge to make your Web APIs more secure and comply to the global standard in order to make your service RESTful
- Explore the possibilities of extending your Web APIs by making use of message handlers, filters, and media formatters
- Comprehensive examples to help you build an end-to-end working solution for a real-use case
Today, apps are everywhere, and most of these apps run on complex cloud-based backends. ASP.NET Web API allows you to easily create and deploy Web APIs to be consumed in a RESTful manner by developers to build rich and interactive applications.
This video course is a great starting point for any web developer who wants to create simple web APIs in minutes. By applying your knowledge of ASP.NET in conjunction with the information provided in this video tutorial, you will learn to master the art of building RESTful services by example.
The video course begins with a brief introduction that will soon get you up to speed with the framework, and will then get you building a fully-functional Web API from scratch during the course of the tutorial.
You will learn some of the important features of ASP.NET Web API and how it aligns to the REST standard. You will explore the different implementation strategies and get familiar with some security implementations and ways to extend your APIs, including how to wire up the client side to the service. The tutorial also contains information on automatic documentation generation and deployment strategies such as publishing to Azure.
This video tutorial provides you with a comprehensive, clear, and easy-to-follow guide to creating RESTful services with ASP.NET Web API.
This video tutorial is for web developers with a basic understanding of ASP.NET, HTML, and CSS.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction
- Chapter 2 : A Lap Around the Basics
- Chapter 3 : A Hands-on Example: The Book Store
- Chpater 4 : Securing Web APIs
- Chapter 5 : Extensibility
- Chapter 6 : Interacting with Clients
- Chapter 7 : Documentation Using Help Pages
- Chapter 8 : Hosting and Deploying
- Title: RESTful Services with ASP.NET Web API
- Release date: February 2013
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781783285754
You might also like
C# in Depth, 4th Ed, Video Edition
"Jon doesn’t just explain how C# works; he explains how the whole thing holds together as …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
RESTful Web services with ASP.NET Core
A beginner’s first practical step in using REST with ASP.NET Core to create the backend for …
.NET Core Microservices
Build distributed system using microservices architecture About This Video Learn how to work with the microservice …