Write a winning resume and land that job interview!
Is your job search stalling out after you submit a resume but before you're offered an interview? With a recession that has caused a 10% unemployment rate affecting 15.3 million Americans, having a winning resume is vital to securing an interview-and it demands a fresh look at how you write your resumes and market yourself.
Whether you're entering the job market for the first time, looking for a new job after a lay off, or changing careers, Resumes For Dummies shows you the ropes and rules for a new era in recruiting and jobsearching.
Instructions for writing an inclusive core resume
Tips on targeting a known position, or tailoring a resume to specific industries
Common resume-writing mistakes to avoid
Updated with the latest information on privacy issues in the electronic age, Resumes For Dummies is your go-to guide for getting your foot in the door.
Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Part I: Visiting the World of Resumes, Today and Tomorrow
- Part II: Customizing Resumes: Your Many Faces in Many Places
- Part III: Resume Basics That Wow 'Em Every Time
- Part IV: Bringing It All Together: Sample Resumes
- Part V: The Part of Tens
- Cheat Sheet
- Title: Resumes For Dummies, 6th Edition
- Release date: February 2011
- Publisher(s): For Dummies
- ISBN: 9781118024362