Good news: there is no need to retire. There is no need to pack up your desk or attend one more retirement party. Why? With the widening gap between the number of workers and the demand for talent, employers are looking to keep smart, productive workers in the workplace. The growing talent shortage will allow you to re-negotiate your relationship with "work." The question is how will you make the most of your new career options. By retreating from traditional 9-5 work or by exploring unconventional ways to stay a part of the workplace? The choice is yours, and "Retire Retirement" shows you how to think about what you want, and how to get it. In this conversational, optimistic book, you will learn how to negotiate the best work environment for you, how to work with different generations to get the most out of your job, and explore the great opportunities that lie ahead. This book will help you begin today to create the opportunities that fit your unique needs--now and in the years to come! Tamara J. Erickson is both a respected, McKinsey Award-winning author and popular and engaging storyteller. Her compelling views of the future are based on extensive research on changing demographics and employee values and, most recently, on how successful organizations work. She is President of The Concours Institute, the research and education arm of BSG Concours, a division of BSG Alliance Corp., and co-author of Workforce Crisis.
Table of Contents
- Also by Tamara J. Erickson
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Table of Contents
- CHAPTER ONE - Why Do You Think What You Think?
- CHAPTER TWO - Challenge Your Assumptions—and Your Employer’s
- CHAPTER THREE - Sort Through Your Options
- CHAPTER FOUR - Renegotiate Your Deal
- CHAPTER FIVE - Reinvent Your Career and Your Life
- ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Title: Retire Retirement: Career Strategies for the Boomer Generation
- Release date: February 2008
- Publisher(s): Harvard Business Review Press
- ISBN: 9781422146569