Advice and guidance on planning for retirement
Retirement Planning For Dummies is a one-stop resource to get up to speed on the critical steps needed to ensure you spend your golden years living in the lap of luxury—or at least in the comfort of your own home.
When attempting to plan for retirement, web searching alone can cause you more headaches than answers, leaving many to feel overwhelmed and defeated. This book takes the guesswork out of the subject and guides readers while they plan the largest financial obligation of their life.
- Take stock of your finances
- Proactively plan for your financial future
- Seek the help of professionals or go it alone
- Use online tools to make retirement planning easier
Whether you're just starting out with a 401(k) or you’re a seasoned vet with retirement in your near future, this book helps younger and older generations alike how to plan their retirement.
Table of contents
Part 1: Getting Started
- Chapter 1: Retirement Planning Is Up to You
- Chapter 2: Determining How Much You Spend
- Chapter 3: Calculating How Much You Need to Retire
- Chapter 4: Choosing the Right Account
- Chapter 5: Gauging Your Appetite for Risk
- Chapter 6: Opening Your Accounts
Part 2: Using Online Resources
- Chapter 7: Managing and Optimizing Your 401(k)
- Chapter 8: Taking Your IRA to the Next Level
- Chapter 9: Optimizing Your Retirement with Third-Party Offerings
- Chapter 10: Digging into Social Security
Part 3: Maximizing Your Retirement Knowledge
- Chapter 11: Balancing Retirement Savings with Other Needs
- Chapter 12: Fine-Tuning Your Asset Allocation
- Chapter 13: Keeping Your Retirement on Track
- Chapter 14: Gearing Up for Retirement
- Chapter 15: Understanding Pensions
- Chapter 16: Getting Insurance
Part 4: The Part of Tens
Chapter 17: Top Ten Retirement Mistakes
- Waiting to Save
- Ignoring Fees
- Not Securing Your Information
- Prioritizing College Savings Over Retirement
- Not Diversifying Your Portfolio
- Waiting for the “Right Time” to Invest
- Having Inadequate Insurance
- Taking Money from Your Accounts Early
- Not Checking Your Social Security Benefit
- Not Thinking about Income
Chapter 18: Top Ten Retirement Questions
- How Much Money Do I Need?
- Is Medicare Enough?
- What Will I Do with My Free Time?
- Will I Run Out of Money?
- Should I Have a Roth or Traditional IRA?
- How Good Is My 401(k)?
- What’s an RMD?
- Can Retirement Rules Change?
- What Can I Do If I’m Near Retirement Age and Don’t Have a Plan?
- Do I Need a Financial Advisor?
- Chapter 17: Top Ten Retirement Mistakes
- About the Author
- Connect with Dummies
- End User License Agreement
- Title: Retirement Planning For Dummies
- Release date: February 2020
- Publisher(s): For Dummies
- ISBN: 9781119627579
You might also like
The Illustrated Network, 2nd Edition
The Illustrated Network: How TCP/IP Works in a Modern Network, Second Edition presents an illustrated explanation …
The History Book
Travel thousands of years into our past and discover the significant events that shaped the world …
Complete Python Course with 10 Real-World Projects
Python is a multi-paradigm programming language with object-oriented and structured programming fully supported, and many features …
Introduction to ChatGPT and OpenAI
OpenAI ChatGPT is a powerful language model that uses advanced ML techniques to generate human-like text …