Winner of a Choice Magazine Outstanding Academic Title Award!
We are on the cusp of a marketing revolution.
And it is being led by you.
Return on Influence is the first book to explore how brands are identifying and leveraging the world’s most powerful bloggers, tweeters, and YouTube celebrities to build product awareness, brand buzz, and new sales.
In this revolutionary book, renowned marketing consultant and college educator Mark W. Schaefer shows you how to use the latest breakthroughs in social networking and influence marketing to achieve your goals through:
- In-depth explanations of the sources of online influence—and how they can work for or against you
- Interviews with more than 50 experts, including tech blogger Robert Scoble, Influence author Robert Cialdini, and industry thought leaders such as Mitch Joel, Jay Baer, and Christopher S. Penn
- An insider’s look at the controversial social scoring company Klout and its process for assigning influence numbers to everyone
- Practical, actionable tips to increase your own personal power and online influence
- More than a dozen original social influence marketing case studies
Even if you already use social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, or blogging to maintain an online presence, this eye-opening, action-ready guide shows you how to reach the “superconnectors” who ignite epidemics through word-of-mouth influence . . . and become one yourself.
This is the future of marketing at your fingertips: low-cost, high-speed, influence driven, and powerful. Filled with fascinating case studies, interviews, and insider advice, this essential guide prepares you for the next wave of social networking. This is how to win friends and influence people in the digital age—with a Return on Influence.
Praise for Return on Influence:
“Influence is the ability to cause, affect, or change behavior. Mark Schaefer helps you define the outcomes you wish to see . . . and measure them!”
—Brian Solis, author of The End of Business as Usual
“Schaefer’s book has earned its place on the shelf of anyone looking to find influencers—or become one.”
—Harold Burson, founder, Burson-Marsteller
“Return on Influence is definitive, exciting, and endlessly practical. In an age where marketing budgets are tight and getting tighter, social media—and particularly influence marketing—has become the silver bullet to solve all problems. Consider this book the marksmen’s manual.”
—Rick Wion, Director of Social Media, McDonald’s
“I could not stop reading this book. Mark Schaefer demystifies the power of influence in this insider’s guide to combining content strategy with network interactions to create social conversations that move markets.”
—Ardath Albee, author of eMarketing Strategies for the Complex Sale
“A fascinating exploration at how you track and increase your online influence. Real-world strategies for real-world companies.”
—Randy Gage, author of Prosperity Mind
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Return On Influence: The Revolutionary Power of Klout, Social Scoring, and Influence Marketing
- Copyright Page
- Part 1 The Roots of Influence
- Part 2 Klout and the Social Scoring Revolution
- References and Resources
- Title: Return On Influence: The Revolutionary Power of Klout, Social Scoring, and Influence Marketing
- Release date: March 2012
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9780071791106
You might also like
Social Media in the Marketing Context
Social media has provided endless opportunities for marketers, fuelling their desire to learn more about their …
Brand Advocates: Turning Enthusiastic Customers into a Powerful Marketing Force
Praise for Brand Advocates "Ignite your Advocates! Fuggetta shows you how." —SCOTT MONTY, Head of Social …
The Secret Language of Influence: Master the One Skill Every Sales Pro Needs
Great selling is invisible. Influence occurs at a level just below the buyer’s awareness.
Visual Social Marketing For Dummies
How to implement a best-in-class visual marketing plan It's no secret that visual content online really …