- Different products and services require different marketing and sales approaches.
- Impulse buying may be common in consumer goods, but carefully considered purchases are the norm for B2B sales and many segments of B2C sales as well.
- Brand names matter for both consumers and businesses in considered purchases; however, they can only go so far in securing a sale.
- Demand generation as a distinct marketing function came as a result of having prospect data available, resulting from the use of new information technologies.
- Demand generation has made marketing a much more data-driven discipline.
- In order to capitalize on the opportunity presented by demand generation management, one must take a different approach to the sales-marketing interface.
With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training,
learning paths, books, interactive tutorials, and more.