The difference between seeing and looking is essential—much like the difference, in music, between hearing and listening. In Creative Visualization, master photographer, photo educator and photo instructor Rick Sammon presents his proven methodology for creative digital photography. His signature inspiring and motivating approach opens creative avenues for photographers in a variety of genres.
With easy-to-follow examples, Sammon shows you how simple changes—with visualization, composition, post-processing, and more—can mean the difference between a snapshot and a great shot. This book, illustrated with more than 300 of Rick’s photographs, includes invaluable information about exposure, composition, subject choice, lighting, mood, and depth.
In the Food for Thought section, Rick offers guidelines for setting goals, getting motivated, connecting with a subject, learning, painting with light, thinking like a painter and more. In Develop Your Creative Vision, Rick takes you on an exploration of composition, exposure, making images with impact, creating a mood, altering reality, and pursuing your passion. Corrective and creative image processing techniques, as well as HDR, EDR, panoramas and black-and-white imaging, are covered in the Image Processing Specialties section.
Rick also shares a chapter on self-assignments – photo challenges – that you can use to expand your photographic horizons.
- Canon Explorer of Light and master photographer Rick Sammon shares the secrets behind learning to see photographically, to make the necessary changes that will have a noticeable impact on your photographs
- Includes easy-to-follow instruction for post-processing techniques in Lightroom and Photoshop. Tips for making the best HDR and EDR images are also included, as well as illustrations of how plug-ins can help photographers awaken the artist within.
- Uses clear, visual examples of "photo failures" photographs side-by-side with successful ones, outlining the small, but important changes—to composition, framing, exposure, etc.—that can immediately make a significant difference
Table of Contents
- Title: Rick Sammon’s Creative Visualization for Photographers
- Release date: January 2015
- Publisher(s): Routledge
- ISBN: 9781138807358