Create and execute automated test cases for your Android apps using this hands-on guide to Robotium. A comprehensive guide to the framework, it takes you from first principles to advanced features and utilities.
- Integrate Robotium with Maven to perform test case execution during build
- Learn different steps to connect to a remote client from an android using Robotium
- Understand the benefits of Robotium over other test frameworks
Automation testing on mobile devices has been around for a number of years, although it has really taken off with the advent of the Robotium Framework. With the help of automating test cases, business components are extensively reused and complex test cases are executed. Due to a number of different key features added to the Robotium Framework, it has become the world’s leading Android test automation framework and most of the industry experts and professionals are using this framework for testing their Android business applications.
This practical guide will help you to create and execute automated test cases. You will also learn how to take advantage of the real power behind the Robotium Framework and all of its features, while being provided with a good grounding in how to use it in your Android test project.
Starting with learning how to set up an Android environment for using Robotium, this book will then look at the various features of the Robotium framework, and take you through numerous examples that will help you to take advantage of the new features in Robotium, quickly and painlessly.
This book will guide you through setting up the Android environment that is necessary to create a test project. You will also learn the benefits of using Robotium over other test frameworks, as well as solutions to the most common issues faced by users in this domain..
Table of Contents
Robotium Automated Testing for Android
- Table of Contents
- Robotium Automated Testing for Android
- About the Author
- About the Reviewers
- 1. Getting Started with Robotium
- 2. Creating a Test Project Using Robotium
- 3. Robotium APIs
- 4. Web Support in Robotium
- 5. Comparison with Other Frameworks
- 6. Remote Control in Robotium
- 7. Other Robotium Utilities
- 8. Robotium with Maven
- Title: Robotium Automated Testing for Android
- Release date: November 2013
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781782168010