Chapter 10. Creating a Self-Driving Car Using ROS
In this chapter, we will discuss a big technology that is trending in the robotics industry: driverless cars, or self-driving cars. Many of you may have heard about this technology; those who haven't will get an introduction in the first section of the chapter. In this chapter, you can find the following important topics.
- Getting started with self-driving cars
- Software block diagram of a typical self-driving car
- Simulating and interfacing self-driving car sensors in ROS
- Simulating a self-driving car with sensors in Gazebo
- Interfacing a DBW car into ROS
- Introducing the Udacity open source self-driving car project
- Open source self-driving car simulator from Udacity
Creating a self-driving car from scratch ...