Praise for Rules of the Hunt
"To say that Rules of the Hunt is one of the most unusual business books I’ve ever read or reviewed would be an understatement."
—Ivana Taylor, Editor, Small Business Trends
"I have never read a business book with so much wisdom--and so many useful ideas—on virtually every page. And all of it presented with no wasted words."
—Bob Bly, copywriter, consultant, and seminar leader
“An easy but powerful read that's guaranteed to give you fresh insights into entrepreneurial success.”
—Jill Konrath, author of SNAP Selling and Selling to Big Companies
“This is a great book, full of ideas, examples, stories and rules for increased business success and profitability.”
—Brian Tracy, author of Million Dollar Habits
"I love everything about this book . . . . If you are an entrepreneur or small-business owner, you can't make a better investment in your future success!"
—Carol Kinsey Goman, Ph.D., speaker and author of The Silent Language of Leaders
“Rules of the Hunt offers insights from the heart and mind of a man who has overcome the difficult challenges of attaining business and personal success.”
—Wendy Weiss, founder and CEO, Weiss Communications
Rules of the Hunt is unusual in that you won’t find any trendy advice, complex theories, or unrealistic promises. Rather, you’ll get the kind of friendly, honest and down-to-earth advice you would expect from a trusted mentor.
A successful entrepreneur with more than 30 years of experience in the trenches, Michael Dalton Johnson knows what it takes to build and run a profitable business. In Rules of the Hunt, he provides invaluable insight into everything you need to know—from practical skills like negotiating, recruiting, and time management to “soft” skills like mental agility and personal growth.
His advice will accelerate your growth and profits—delivered in a friendly, often humorous way through brief business anecdotes, short tutorials, case histories, an occasional rant, and a few horror stories. And, in true mentor form, Johnson helps you preserve both your physical and mental health during your chase for business success.
In essence, Rules of the Hunt teaches you what business schools can’t. Learn everything you need to know about:
- LEADERSHIP—create loyalty, inspire trust, and motivate others
- RELATIONSHIPS—form strong bonds with customers, employees, suppliers, and investors
- SALES—engage and excite your buyers and close more sales
- MARKETING—identify, locate, and promote like the pros
- TECHNOLOGY—master today’s most important tool, the Internet
- OPERATIONS—get things done the right way to grow profits
- FORESIGHT—avoid pitfalls and plan for future challenges before they appear
- SURVIVAL—maintain your health and sanity while pursuing your business goals
Successful entrepreneurship is both an art and a science, and in order to succeed you must know the rules. You’ll get them here.
With Rules of the Hunt, you have everything you need to outfox the competition, maintain your integrity, and actually enjoy your hunt for business success. Straightforward, easy to understand, pragmatic, and devoid of subjective theories and ideologies, Rules of the Hunt simply tells it like it is. Nothing more, nothing less.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Rules of the Hunt: Real-World Advice for Entrepreneurial and Business Success
- Copyright Page
- Foreword: Winning a one-horse Race
- Introduction: let’s cut to the chase
- 1 Things They Didn’t Teach You in Business School
- 2 Leadership
- 3 Relationships
- 4 Strictly Selling
- 5 Marketing Isn’t Rocket Science … It’s Harder!
- 6 The Internet
- 7 Working Smarter
- 8 Gaining Advantages
- 9 Avoiding Pitfalls
- 10 Surviving the Hunt
- Directory of Rules
- Title: Rules of the Hunt: Real-World Advice for Entrepreneurial and Business Success
- Release date: May 2012
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9780071791397
You might also like
Microbiorobotics is a new engineering discipline that inherently involves a multidisciplinary approach (mechanical engineering, cellular biology, …
Disaster Response and Recovery: Strategies and Tactics for Resilience, 2nd Edition
Provides an overview of the various types of disasters that may occur, the myriad of actors …
Designing Data-Intensive Applications
Data is at the center of many challenges in system design today. Difficult issues need to …
Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition
This is the second edition of the best selling Python book in the world. Python Crash …