• Understanding dates and time
• How date and time are stored
• Typical date and time formats
• How to use date functions
• How to use date conversions
In this hour, you learn about the nature of dates and time in SQL. Not only does this hour discuss the
DATETIME data type in more detail, but you also see how some implementations use dates, how to extract the date and time in a desired format, and some of the common rules.
As you know by now, there are many different SQL implementations. This book shows the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) standard and the most common nonstandard functions, commands, and operators. MySQL ...