1. The service activity has additional attributes (fields) that are scheduling oriented. One way to think of a service activity is as a supersized and complex appointment.
2. No. You do not need to set up work hours if you are not using scheduling.
3. Items that are scheduled on the service calendar include service activities and appointments.
4. No. You cannot delete a service activity that has been scheduled and completed.
5. People, equipment, and facilities can be scheduled in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.