What You’ll Learn This Hour:
• Making calls to a remote server using
• Parsing RSS and Atom feeds
• Passing different options into
• Downloading many types of data
• Forcing an update even if a request is cached locally
Working with local data is needed, but many times apps need to pull data from the Internet. During this hour, we show see some of the ways to connect to outside web services. We explore different ways to consume remote data and how to bring that data into apps.
We work on an RSS Reader app that reads in both RSS content and Atom content. Each post is parsed and stored in an array bound to a
ListView. We start with the Split App project and modify the
data.js to utilize remote data ...