Hour 5. Game 1: Space Shooter
What You’ll Learn in This Hour:
• Creating a 2D pixel-art game from scratch
• Using the Timer, Area2D, and CollisionShape2D nodes for gameplay
• Using the AnimatedSprite, CanvasLayer, and Label nodes for Graphics and UI
• Handling basic input and signals to drive game logic
• In-game generation of instances through script
In this hour, we will use what you learned in the previous hours to create an actual game. It will be a simple 2D, top-down, side-scrolling, shoot’em up type of game where you control a spaceship and shoot at incoming asteroids. The game will keep track of the number of asteroids you have shot down and end when an asteroid collides with your ship. In the process of making the game, you will learn ...