What You’ll Learn in This Hour:
• How nodes receive inputs from player
• Querying for inputs from Input singleton
• Making your game responsive to player’s input
• What Action is and its importance in custom input mapping
• Simulating player’s action using InputEventAction
Input management is among the most important topics when it comes to game development. Input is what differentiates other kinds of entertainment and video games. A game would be very boring if players could not control their character. Godot Engine takes care of difficult tasks, like getting raw data from devices, and provides an easy interface for game developers. It has a very interesting way of integrating user inputs with its node system. The engine ...