What You’ll Learn in This Hour:
• Creating and manipulating World Environment
• Enabling environmental effects such as fog and depth of field
• Using skies and ambient lighting
• Adding and managing Reflection probes
• Improving global illumination with GI probes
This hour is focused on the ambient side of 3D worlds. Godot provides tools to create and enhance the environment of your game scenes. These tools include the ability to create an ambient imagery, be it a solid clear color or a panoramic sky; depth of field blurring; fog; and many other adjustments. There are also two probe nodes (ReflectionProbe and GIProbe) that help create more realistic environments with better reflection and materials that emit light.