What You’ll Learn in This Hour:
• What particles are and why you should use them
• How to add 2D particles to the scene
• How to modify 2D particles to suit your wishes
• How to add 3D particles to the scene
• How to modify 3D particles to suit your wishes
Say you’re building a platform game where the player runs over grassy tiles. To make it look amazing, blades of grass and dust clouds fly into the air with every footstep. You could achieve this effect by creating many Sprites with every footstep and make them fly away randomly and delete them several seconds later. But that would be a pain to make and a huge performance hog. Instead, one can use particles!
In this hour, we look at what particles are and when you want ...