Lesson 8. Using CSS to Style a Site
The past few lessons I discussed how to lay out web pages using Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) tags. This lesson describes how you can create complex pages using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). You’ve already learned about the advantages CSS can provide for formatting smaller snippets of text. In this lesson, you learn how to use CSS to control the appearance of an entire page.
The following topics are covered:
• Creating style sheets and including them in a page
• Linking to external style sheets
• Using selectors to apply styles to elements on a page
• Units of measure supported by CSS
• The CSS box model
• Positioning elements using CSS
• Applying styles to tables and the
• Using CSS to create ...