Mapping Out Where You Want to Be
In This Chapter
Deciding what you want to use for navigation
Using what’s already on your phone
Using maps safely
Having a map on your phone is a very handy tool. At the most basic level, you can ask your phone to show you a map for where you plan to go. This is convenient, but only a small part of what you can do.
With the right applications, your Galaxy S6 phone can do the following:
- Automatically find your location on a map
- Give directions to where you want to go
- As you drive, using historical driving times
- As you drive, using real-time road conditions
- While you walk
- As you take public transportation
- Give turn-by-turn directions as you travel
- With two-dimensional representations of the road and intersections
- With three-dimensional representations of the roads, buildings, and intersections
- Tell others where you are
- Use the screen on your phone as a viewfinder to identify landmarks as you pan the area (augmented reality)
There are also some mapping applications for the Galaxy S6 for commercial users, such as CoPilot Mobile Live from ALK Technologies, but I don’t cover them in this book.
GPS 101: First Things First
You can’t ...