Defining the Chart of Accounts
In this chapter, you learn how to define the chart of accounts, create general ledgers, and assign the chart of accounts to company codes.
At the end of this chapter, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the various charts of accounts represented in SAP ERP.
- Create a chart of accounts.
- Assign a company code to a chart of accounts.
- Define an account group to the chart of accounts.
- Define a retained earnings account.
The Chart of Accounts
A chart of accounts is a fundamental financial tool in SAP ERP. It contains the list of general ledger (G/L) accounts used by a company code or several ...