Everything you need to know to be able to build your first SAP HANA standalone application with this book and ebook.
- Understand key principles behind SAP HANA
- Discover the main features of the SAP HANA Studio for application design
- Create a reporting application on the SAP HANA platform
- Visualize your reporting data in Microsoft Excel
SAP HANA is SAP's in-memory database technology, and the focal point of their next generation strategy. Using column-based storage to provide highly compressed and rapidly accessed data, a SAP HANA application can be several hundred times faster than the same application on previous generation database technology.
SAP HANA Starter is a hands-on book, taking you step-by-step through the creation of your first SAP HANA application. You will discover the building blocks that SAP HANA provides, and use them to create a robust reporting application. More advanced features are shown, allowing you to transform your reporting application into a yearly sales increase simulator. Finally, you’ll learn how to access your SAP HANA application from Microsoft Excel.
Using easy to understand examples and logical progression, you will build your first SAP HANA application – a sales amount simulator, from scratch.
Starting with the creation of tables in the database, and using the modeling building blocks provided by the SAP HANA Studio, you will first see how to build a reporting application on these tables, and then extend this application to allow sales increase simulation, finally making the data available to others in Microsoft Excel.
Table of Contents
SAP HANA Starter
- SAP HANA Starter
- About the author
- About the reviewer
1. SAP HANA Starter
- So, what is SAP HANA?
- Quick start – creating your first SAP HANA application
- Top features you'll want to know about
- People and places you should get to know
- Title: SAP HANA Starter
- Release date: November 2012
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849688680