develop and validate candidate models, assess candidate models for champion model
and challenger model selection, publish and monitor champion models in a production
environment, and retrain models. All model development and model maintenance
personnel, including data modelers, validation testers, scoring officers, and analysts, can
use SAS Model Manager. SAS Model Manager in a business intelligence environment
can meet many model development and maintenance challenges.
Here are some of the services SAS Model Manager provides:
• storage of models in a central secure repository.
• creation of custom milestones and tasks to meet business requirements and to match
business processes. These milestones and tasks can be used to monitor the
development and deployment of models.
• access to data tables that are registered in SAS Management Console or that are
located in other SAS libraries for use in SAS Model Manager.
• importing of models into SAS Model Manager. These models can include SAS
Enterprise Miner models, SAS/STAT models, PMML models, or models that you
develop using SAS code.
• scoring tasks and several reports that can be used to compare, assess and validate
• ability to publish and score models in a specific database using the SAS Scoring
• use of the SAS Integration Technologies Publishing Framework to publish models to
• use of model performance monitoring and dashboard reports for project champion
models and challenger models.
• use of macro programs to run model registration and scoring in a batch environment.
• retraining of models to respond to data or market changes.
SAS OLAP Cube Studio
SAS OLAP Cube Studio enables you to design and create online analytical processing
(OLAP) cubes, register cube metadata in a SAS Metadata Repository, and save physical
cube data in a specified location. Using the application’s Cube Designer Wizard, you can
specify the following:
• the data source for a cube
• the cube design and architecture
• measures of the cube for future queries
• initial aggregations for the cube
SAS OLAP Cube Studio also includes functions and wizards that enable you to create
additional cube aggregations, to add calculated members to a cube, and to modify
existing calculated members.
For more information, see the SAS OLAP Cube Studio Help, which is available from
within the product, and the SAS OLAP Server: User's Guide. For information about
administrative tasks associated with SAS OLAP Cube Studio, see the SAS Intelligence
Platform: Desktop Application Administration Guide.
SAS OLAP Cube Studio 49