Write efficient Scala code using these tips and tricks
About This Video
- Build classes that compose one or more traits for complete reusability, or create new functionality by fusing them at instantiation
- Save time and trouble by using Scala to build object-oriented, functional, Reactive, and concurrent applications
- Harness the power of Scala for highly scalable and distributed, microservice- based applications.
Scala is a powerful multi-purpose programming language that is much appreciated for its simple object-oriented, functional style.
This video starts with recipes that explore core language principles—covering topics such as strings, classes, types, methods, and arrays—before getting into concepts such as Object Oriented Programming. From there, you'll learn about functional programming techniques and how to handle files and processes. You'll go on to master concurrency in Scala, making use of the Akka framework. You'll learn about working with databases, and then about Reactive programming in Scala and how to use it to build robust microservices and distributed systems. You'll also use the Scala REPL to achieve a better feedback mechanism.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : REPLs and Development Tools
- Chapter 2 : Basic Scala Concepts
- Chapter 3 : Basic Object-Oriented Scala
- Title: Scala Beginner Programming Recipes
- Release date: December 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788295567