Reflecting on my experiences I have three major tips.
- 1.Be clear about what you want from Scala .
- 2.Get guidance and share experiences.
- 3.Be deliberate and have a plan.
- Be clear what you want out of it. You should be asking what’s in it for you. If you’re going to use Scala, you should be able to explain why. Do you think being more concise will help you? Is it the benefits of functional programming? Immutability? How are you going to measure it? Will the whole team aim for a pure functional programming style like Haskell? Or OO? Decide which up front. Agree.
- Understand the team dynamic. Understand your ...