Master Scala and functional programming in this seven part video series containing the following topics:
- The Scala Environment. This first clip in the Scala video series will help you set up the Scala environment. We introduce Scala and the concept of functional programming, and explain the benefits of both. Learn about the structure of Scala, which is based on the Java Virtual Machine (JVM). We explore the syntax of Scala, which is very easy to write and read.
- Expressions, Functions, and Values. This second clip in the Scala video series explains expressions, functions, and values. Recursion is also discussed. Follow along and create your own computations in Scala.
- Values and Immutability. This third clip in the Scala video series shows you how to create values and we explain why their property of immutability is so important.
- Lists - The Lifeblood of Scala. This fourth clip in the Scala video series shows you how to create lists and how to manipulate them through comprehensions. Learn about basic list operations such as select, and also leverage more advanced list operations including deploying your own functions.
- Loops in Scala, or rather the lack thereof. This fifth clip in the Scala video series explains the closest concept Scala has to loops, which is the for-comprehension statement.
- Pattern Matching. This sixth clip in the Scala video series explains pattern matching and explains why it is so useful. Pattern matching is an advanced if-statement.
- Compiling. This seventh clip in the Scala video series explains how to compile your Scala code. We also summarize what was learned in this course and the next steps you might take to continue sharpening your Scala skills.