Containers are all the rage these days, but how do you go from a single sandbox cluster to a globally distributed enterprise-scale architecture. Christopher Grant dives into the options and considerations for managing multiple clusters across regions and data centers, covering both infrastructure and application design best practices, such as hybrid and multicluster configurations as well as decomposing applications into system, service, and microservices.
Utilizing Google Kubernetes Engine, you’ll dig into areas such as:
- Implementing multicluster systems
- Implementing hybrid clusters
- Security and policy enforcement
- Istio for hybrid and multicluster configurations
- Application decomposition
- GitOps for multiple teams, applications, and clusters
- Container and cluster monitoring and insights
Table of Contents
- Title: Scaling containers with multicluster GKE and Istio
- Release date: December 2019
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 0636920362524