Our journey started five years ago by implementing Scrum in order to develop our ING mobile app. A year later we started with full automation of IT processes. In May 2013 ING reorganized with Continuous Delivery as the way of working and DevOps the way we organize. All this in an enterprise organization which is bound by national legislation & historical legacy.
Many practices within the market helped us in this journey, but little was discussed and known about scaling Continuous Delivery and increasing the quality of operations within the enterprise. This talk shares experiences and key learnings of implementing Continuous Delivery at scale and integrating operations.
We will cover;
- Individual teams with their own pipelines towards Continuous Delivery as a service (CDaaS) within the enterprise
- Standardization of tooling
- Embedding operations within Continuous Delivery (like monitoring, Config management etc.)
- Security and DevOps
- Security and Continuous Delivery
- Title: Scaling DevOps and continuous delivery at ING
- Release date: May 2017
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 0636920458968
You might also like
Architecting for testing and continuous delivery
When creating a continuous delivery pipeline, many strive only to automate what they’re already building instead …
What is Continuous Delivery for Kubernetes?
Mauricio Salatino shows tools that can help you speed up your software delivery practices and demonstrates …
Continuous Delivery in the Wild
Software delivery practices are constantly improving as companies apply the philosophy of continuous delivery to deploy …
Applied Continuous Delivery
7+ Hours of Video Instruction Automate your development process in the cloud using the Pivotal technology …