Build your application using multi-model, globally distributed database on MS Azure
About This Video
- Use the best NoSQL approach for documents, key-value Pair, column-family, graphs, and integration with other NoSQL databases to create your scalable web apps using Cosmos DB in minutes
- Use the various concepts of NoSQL databases and hands-on experience with Azure services to query them in your application
- Quick how to's that you can use as a reference for the most common operations and optimization on your Cosmos DB
Data is exploding all over the place and your application needs an update for its database. You need to accommodate incoming data without being involved in every small detail. Yes! You can do that with Azure Cosmos DB - the globally distributed, multi-model database service offered by Microsoft Azure to serve your applications on planet-scale. Azure Cosmos DB is a fast and flexible globally replicated database, well-suited for IoT, gaming, retail, and operational logging applications.
The code bundle for this course is available at - https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Scaling-Web-Apps-with-Cosmos-DB
In this course, we’ll show you how to create and integrate your Azure Cosmos DB with the different NoSQL Databases. This course has got everything, from finding the right database for your data and your different workloads to the ease of administration, scalability, and SLA that you can rely on. With the click of a button, Azure Cosmos DB enables you to elastically and independently scale throughput and storage across any number of Azure's geographic regions.
You’ll see how Cosmos DB is the best choice for your cloud database. With the skills we pass on, you’ll be able to solve challenges and problems such as fixing the database model, availability, scalability, latency, data schemas, and others. In no time, you’ll learn to build your application with Cosmos DB the best cloud database while minimizing your administration and maintaining your availability and scalability.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Working with JSON Documents in Azure Cosmos DB SQL API
- Chapter 2 : Working with Azure Cosmos DB – Table Storage
- Chapter 3 : Implementing Gremlin Graph Database with Azure Cosmos DB
- Chapter 4 : Integrating Azure Cosmos DB API with MongoDB
- Chapter 5 : Integrating Azure Cosmos DB API with Cassandra DB
- Chapter 6 : How-To’s and Quick Fixes
- Title: Scaling Web Apps with Cosmos DB
- Release date: December 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789804782