Extract information from a target using various scanning tools
About This Video
- A comprehensive guide that illustrates how to gain information about a target from various sources such as directory enumeration, service discovery, and technology mapping.
- Run remote applications and explore the network around a compromised host
- Revisit some of the previous tools along with using new techniques to learn about the target environment
Kali Linux contains a large amount of penetration testing tools from various different niches of the security and forensics fields. The Kali Linux penetration testing platform contains a vast array of tools and utilities, from information gathering to final reporting, that enable security and IT professionals to assess the security of their systems.
This course will explore the different types of applications and commands to be run on a remote system based on types of goals that an attacker wishes to accomplish. It will cover how to extract useful information from a target that has been located. This course will teach the viewers I details about enum4linux with which one will be able to extract useful information. One will be able to explore the amap tool. This tool can be used to to identify services running on non-standard ports. As you go ahead, this course will teach one how to extract useful information from a target that they have located. The viewers will also be taught how to Discover non-contiguous IP blocks using dnsenum and how to scan with Nikto.
This is the logical follow up to information gathering where we take the information we have gathered and then use that to more closely investigate a target
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for this course on GitHub at the following link: https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Scanning-and-Enumeration-with-Kali-Linux-v-. If you require support please email: email@example.com
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Using nmap to Perform Port Scanning
- Chapter 2 : Working with enum4linux
Chapter 3 : Finding Services Running on Alternate Ports
- Choosing a Target with nmap and Determining If It Is Viable 00:05:33
- Running amap to Identify a Service 00:10:53
- Interpreting Output 00:08:06
- Saving Output 00:05:35
- Chapter 4 : Discovering IP Addresses with dnsenum
- Chapter 5 : Scanning with Nikto
- Title: Scanning and Enumeration with Kali Linux
- Release date: October 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788621052