A truly scientific approach to measuring and improving sales performance
Scientific Selling shows how statistically valid measurement can improve every element of the sales environment—from management to coaching to training to creating long-term sustainable sales results. Sales organizations that embrace applied psychology and testing become more competitive because they don't waste resources on irrelevant or counterproductive activities. Managers can better assess the reasons behind individual and group performance and predictably improve sales results, while fostering a sales culture that attracts and retains personnel who have the drive and motivation to be successful.
Scientific Selling includes more than a dozen specific stories demonstrating how scientific measurement improved overall sales performance through easily understood graphics, charts, and descriptions. It details how those teams were measured and how those metrics changed as the result of better hiring practices and better targeted coaching and sales training. Through these detailed case studies, Scientific Selling illustrates the importance of measurement for steering the success of your company. The book:
Describes how the Clark-Mortenson Agency used scientifically proven data-based assessment tools to provide individual sales professionals with a very specific overview to determine their current strengths and areas of growth
Examines Meadowbrook Golf's program to "manage for individual success" by using scientific testing and measurement to help its top managers understand what motivated their employees
Details how Yankee Candle used scientific measurement to identify the right people to hire, and then used customer case studies and role-playing to focus on leveraging each individual's natural behavior to sell, thereby creating increases of 40 percent in sales revenue for trained individuals
Scientific testing and measurement can leverage current strengths, identify areas for growth, and increase revenue. Chart your company's course through the power of Scientific Selling.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Chapter 1: The Science of Selling
- Chapter 2: The Science of Behavioral Assessment
- Chapter 3: The Science of Sales Skills Assessment
- Chapter 4: The Science of Hiring Sales Talent
- Chapter 5: The Science of Sales Training
- Chapter 6: The Science of Sales Coaching
Chapter 7: The Science of Sales Management
- Reducing Sales Personnel Turnover
- The Right Job for the Right Person
- The Importance of an Upward Career Path
- Effective Use of Sales Technology
- Building a Culture of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- What Is Creative Leadership?
- How to Implement Creative Leadership
- Fostering Entrepreneurship
- The Importance of Nonentrepreneurial Creativity
- Using Science to Manage Change
- Chapter 8: The Science of Sales Process
- Chapter 9: How Scientific Is It?
- Chapter 10: The Future of Scientific Selling
- Title: Scientific Selling: Creating High-Performance Sales Teams Through Applied Psychology and Testing
- Release date: April 2012
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118167977