Learn the basics of Scrum and the Scrum lifecycle, how to organize a Scrum team and set up a project, and how to implement a Scrum—from releases and sprints to enterprise transformation
About This Video
- Get into the shoes of the Scrum team and understand what their role is
- Cover topics of the three Scrum Artifacts: product backlog, sprint backlog, and increment
- Get to grips quickly with Scrum and Agile with a clear explanation of concepts
Scrum is a framework within which the product owner, scrum master, and development team member can address complex adaptive problems, while productively and creatively delivering products of the highest possible value.
In this course, you will gain a good understanding of the basics of Scrum before progressing to more advanced topics. You will learn about Scrum Team, various Scrum events and artifacts, and how these come together in a successful project. You will learn the advantages and disadvantages of Scrum so you can use the right practices and tools for your project.
The course also covers key Agile concepts such as burndown charts, which are useful to predict when work will be done; Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and how to use this technique to introduce new products to the market; estimation techniques to complete priority work; as well as velocity techniques to plan sprints and track team performance.
By the end of the course, you will be familiar with Scrum and Agile as a proven method of project management, and be able to apply the same to your projects. You will also be one step closer to pursuing professional Scrum certifications such as Professional Scrum Master and Professional Scrum Product Owner™, as well as many other official Scrum certifications.
This course is for project managers, members of a project team, or other stakeholders on a project who want to learn about Scrum and Agile, as well as anyone who doesn’t have any experience with project management approaches but is looking to get started. No prior knowledge of Scrum is required.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Welcome to the Course
- Chapter 2 : Introduction to Scrum
- Chapter 3 : Scrum Team
- Chapter 4 : Scrum Events
- Chapter 5 : Scrum Artifacts
- Chapter 6 : Advantages and Disadvantages of Scrum
- Chapter 7 : Key Agile Concept: Burndown Chart
- Chapter 8 : Key Agile Concept: Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- Chapter 9 : Key Agile Concept: Velocity
- Chapter 10 : Estimation in Agile
- Title: Scrum Training for Project Management and Certification Prep
- Release date: June 2021
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781801818599
You might also like
Agile for Everybody—The Essentials of Agile and Lean
These days, every company wants to be Agile or do Agile. But what exactly does Agile …
Getting Started with JIRA
Master the art of Agile project management with the help of this comprehensive beginner’s friendly course …
OWASP Top 10 Security Fundamentals
Unless you try to exploit a vulnerability yourself, no reading will give you the required know-how …
The Complete Agile Scrum Fundamentals Course + Certification
Discover the A to Z of the Scrum project management methodology and use it to deliver …